Despite its name the Quartet has a great track record including concerts in Royal Festival hall (Purcell room) and Kings Place in London, Auditorio Nacional de Musica in Madrid, Seoul Arts Center, lots of concerts in Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands etc. NRQ collaborated with such prominent musicians as Shlomo Mintz (performed and recorded all Mozart String Quintets), Boris Berezovsky, Alexey Volodin, Jessye Norman, Alexander Rudin and many others.
NRQ’s live recording of Tchaikovsky’s 3rd quartet from National Hall in Sofia was claimed as best performance of this masterpiece on Youtube.
The broad repertory (apart from quartet music from Haydn to jazz including works to perform with chamber and even symphony orchestras), great experience in matching with other musicians (from quintets to octet) and a lot of famous friends of NRQ to attract to participating in concerts as well as always warm reception from the audience open for the Ensemble the widest horizons of music making worldwide.
NRQ in facts:
• The New Russian Quartet was formed in 2008 in Moscow
• The ensemble’s name shows that the musicians remain faithful to the great Russian performing tradition and at the same time conquest the new peaks of chamber music performance
• The creative range of a quartet reaches from the Viennese classics up to very contemporary music and jazz compositions, naturally includes the masterpieces of Russian composers
• The geography of New Russian Quartet concerts includes UK, Italy, Spain Switzerland, Korea, Netherlands, Croatia, China and Russia’s best concert halls.
• NRQ is most demanded string quartet in Russia playing only in Moscow about 25 concerts annually.
• In September, 2010 at “Sion-Valais Music festival”, Switzerland, NRQ and Maestro Shlomo Minz playing viola have performed all six string quintets by Mozart in two nights. These events had a great success and were recorded by radio Espace2 and TV channel “Mezzo”
• In 2008 Italian press named NRQ the best chamber ensemble of Russia
• The performances of The New Russian Quartet have been broadcasted by Radio Suisse Romande (Switzerland), Orpheus Radio Russia, Russian and Bulgarian TV
• NRQ members leaded a chamber music course at world famous Keshet Eilon master-classes in Israel
• Musicians of New Russian Quartet play Italian instruments by Gofriller, Panormo, Amati and Rogeri
• Musicians of NRQ are currently based in Moscow, Russia